E4TheFuture is the creator of Good2Go, a community based electric carshare program with a focus on equity.
Good2Go began in the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston. Roxbury has been the heart of Boston’s Black community for decades, but has faced disproportionate environmental burdens. By providing access to clean passenger vehicles, members not only become more familiar with operating an electric vehicle, but are also empowered to make a comfortable, safe and environmentally friendly transportation choice. For members who do not own their own vehicle, they can make the consumer choices that vehicle owners take for granted. The program advances equity and environment missions in a direct and impactful way. Today, the growing Good2Go program has two locations in Roxbury and one in Jamaica Plain.
Charging infrastructure for the program is funded by Eversource.
Growth, Replication and Sustainability
Currently, Good2Go is operating a pilot through the generous financial contributions of E4TheFuture and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center. Throughout the pilot, we will be soliciting community feedback and working with non-profits, funders, utilities and government officials to stabilize the program, enabling Good2Go to spread to more areas that need it and to last for years to come.
- Community electric vehicle carsharing program
- Reduced rate: $5/hour, standard rate: $10/hour
- App-based reservations and payment, with options available for those without bank accounts or smart phones
- Online and phone bilingual customer support
- Insurance, maintenance, charging and roadside assistance included with membership
- Robust cleaning protocol in order to comply with Center for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines
Good2Go has been placed on a temporary hiatus to make program improvements, and we intend to re-launch the service this spring 2022 with new operational management.
Visit the Good2Go website, EVGood2Go.org, for information about the program.