Good2Go, Now Beta Testing
E4TheFuture is supporting Good2Go, a community based electric carshare program with a focus on equity.
The first Good2Go location is in the Roxbury neighborhood of Boston. Roxbury has been the heart of Boston’s Black community for decades, but has faced disproportionate environmental burdens. By providing access to clean passenger vehicles, participants will not only become more familiar with operating an electric vehicle, but will also able to make a comfortable, safe and environmentally friendly transportation choice. For participants who do not own their own vehicle, they will be able to make the consumer choices that vehicle owners take for granted. The program advances equity and environment missions in a direct and impactful way.
Charging infrastructure for the program is funded by Eversource.
Growth, Replication and Sustainability
Currently, Good2Go is operating a pilot through the generous financial contributions of E4TheFuture and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center. Throughout the pilot, we will be soliciting community feedback and working with non-profits, funders, utilities and government officials to stabilize the program, enabling Good2Go to spread to more areas that need it and to last for years to come.
- Community electric vehicle carshare program
- Reduced rate: $5/hour, standard rate: $10/hour
- App-based reservations and payment, with the option to make reservations and payments via phone call
- Online and phone customer support
- Insurance, maintenance, charging and roadside assistance included with membership
- Robust cleaning protocol in order to comply with Center for Disease Control COVID-19 guidelines
Good2Go is now accepting beta testers. Click here to learn more.
Visit the Good2Go website, EVGood2Go.org, for information about the program.